Plan Your CareerOCCUPATIONAL WORK CAPACITY CAPABILITIES 6/6
The average working career of the Finns is 36 years. The career holds many changes. Changes can be related to changes in the professions and work, or to changes in personal life.
All career changes require so-called career management
Career management means that you…
- identify your strengths and career goals
- identify your professional skills
- identify the opportunities and limitations of working life
- are aware of your own development needs
- are able to utilize sources of information and support, for example in career planning, or finding a study place or a job
- are able to set goals that are suitable for you and pursue them persistently
You can utilize the list of strengths and skills of the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health to identify your own strengths and skills. Download it here (the pdf is currently available only in Finnish).